[pmmail-list] default mailer

Vertaalbureau de Vos pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:45:44 +0200

Hello all,

I am having a curious problem. I have been using PMMail for years, and it is my
daily mail environment. I never had any real problems. I even got Windows to
accept it as my default mailer ;-)  although this needed some tweaking (with
checking if it is the default mailer set on in configuration settings, I get an
error message about an icon file (???) not being found, had to go into the
registry).

When I try to send a message from a web page (mailto:) PMMail duly opens, but I
get a wizard saying that I don't have any accounts defined, and my regular
accounts have disappeared. I let it run to completion once, i.e. I defined a
new account, but no mail compose window was opened. I also cannot find the new
account anywhere on my drives.

How can I get PMMail to operate correctly under these conditions?

Thanks for any help.

--
yours sincerely,

Paul D.J. de Vos