[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and Norman Virus Control

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 16:06:15 -0500 (EST)

Thanks, Marty.

You are correct that I am using OS/2.  But you missed the subtle name
difference:
	It is "Norman" Virus Control
	Not "Norton" AntiVirus
Thus, the Norton stuff is n/a for me.

The rationale for also having the option [It is not required.] to scan
output/newly created files, is because there is the possibility that a
Trojan virus might somehow execute [certainly unlikely in OS/2] and
build the virus from parts that a signature scanner might miss.

Dave also mentioned logic for the 'on-access' scanning.

Thanks, again,
Carl