Feature Request--All Versions

Erik P. Olsen PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:56:20 +0200

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999 01:47:11 -0700, Paul Wiener wrote:

>Something just happened to me that I'm sure happens to many of us from time
>to time. I started PMMail and it came up, started a fetch for my main
>account, and said I had 36 messages on queue, and that it was getting message
>#1. A short time later, I noticed it was still on message 1, and no
>percentage had appeared. When I looked again a minute later, it was still
>stuck in same status. I decided something had probably gone wrong with my POP
>link and so I closed and restarted PMMail.

I like to see a feature where you may disconnect PMMail in the midst of a receive operation so that you
could reconnect at some later time and only receive what you haven't got.  That of course implies that
the mailer has to delete what was read at disconnect time, but I would be surprised if that was
difficult to accomplish.

Regards, Erik P. Olsen