Feature Request--All Versions

Jessen, Per PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:05:46 +0100

[snip]
> PMMail allows
> you to define how large of a message to leave on the server.
> However, if
> one goes into the Remote Access panel and tries to download
> said message, it won't allow it.

  Huh ?
  I have this set at (the default?) 30K, and get the occasional
  large attachment - which results in a mail being left in my in-
  basket with a title like "size>30K - left on server" (or words
  to that effect).
  I then go to RemoteAccess to retrieve it, if I decide. I don't
  recall not being allowed to retrieve it like this.
  Did I misunderstand you ?

>     I'd like to see the behavior changed so that PMMail will
> put up a flag
> somewhere (staus bar?) that there are oversized messages on
> the server and
> let Remote Access override the settings.  Since RA is an
> explicite request
> by the user to get said message, it just seems logical.

  Like I said, I think PMMAIL98 does exactly this. (I don't
  know if PMMAIL/2 does the same - I had to move off PMMAIL/2 :-( )
  This seems to work quite nicely, except it might be nice to be
  able to select a message for remote retrieval - but directly from
  the inbasket - without having to go to RemoteAccess.

Per Jessen,
ENIDAN COnsulting Ltd.