Timezones again

Dave Liquorice PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:20:51 +0100

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 03:58:43 -0700, Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

>> I suspect PMMail is having a problem with zero or more likely working
>> out the last sunday of the month.
>
> Which zero (Offset, starting day, ending day)? My TZ variable uses
> zero and it works.

Internally, with the UK having a zero offset in the standard time zone
(winter).

> I would agree about last Sunday except my TZ variable works so it
> would have to be for starting week.

The fact that it is only the UK that appears to have a problem everyone
else works which also tends to point at problem with the zero offset.

I'll have a play and set the TZ to 4th Sunday in March and see what
happens...

<later><big snip of testing reports, 'cause the damn fault went away!>

I am now getting correct Date: line with the original:

TZ=GMT0BST,3,-1,0,3600,10,-1,0,7200,3600

Going back through my sent folder I see that the fault "disappeared"
some where between:

Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 00:41:27 +0000 (GMT)

and

Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:02:11 +0100 (BST)

This is a bit suspicious first Sunday in April instead of the last in
March... PMINews also started getting it correct at the same time.

Has yours now corrected itself Paul? If so what does your sent folder
say?

Cheers
Dave.