Timezones again

Bruce Francis PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:14:56 -0400

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:20:51 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

>The fact that it is only the UK that appears to have a problem everyone
>else works which also tends to point at problem with the zero offset.

Well, that's not entirely "fact".  I was near the start of this
"thread", stating several days (perhaps a week) ago that for the
period between 4/1/99 and 4/4/99, PMMail/2 was under the
*mistaken* impression that it was at that time Daylight Savings
time.  PMMail/2 continues to (now correctly) believe that it
is DSt.

Daylight Savings time here started at 2:00am on 4/4/99.  It appears
to me from reading all of the reports that there is a problem in the
library function that SouthSoft is using for this, resolving the
day-of-the-week (and perhaps time-of-day) for the event.
Following is my TZ set command:

SET TZ=EST5EDT,4,1,0,7200,10,-1,0,7200,3600

---
Bruce Francis              BFrancis@pobox.com
 For PGP Public key:  email with Subject "BFrancis Public Key"