Starting PMMail 98 from browsers ?

dodger PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 16:46:19 -0700

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:01:31 -0400, Michael Baum wrote:
>On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:25:04 +0200, Dirk Marko wrote:
>>when we try to start PMMail 98 by clicking on a mailto: hyperlink in Netscape, it
>>won't work. Trying to start it from IE 4, it wants to install another PMMail 98 copy.
>>Typically, we start PMMail 98 from our home drives in our Windows NT network.
>>Does anyone now how we can solve this problem ?
>
>After much trial I've come to the conclusion that this just can't be done. I've never seen a satisfactory (read "working") solution to the general problem of getting PMMail98 to respond properly to the "mailto" URL tag. I use both IE4 and Opera 3.5, and it comes as no surprise that there are problems with Netscape as well. Although I use PMMail for day-to-day mail tasks, my work-around solution was simply to install Pegasus Mail to handle mailto tags.

I find this surprising that you are having such problems.  I use NSProto
and it's working just fine  for me.  As Cristi said, more information
would help.  A coupla questions for the both of you (Dirk & Marko):

1.  You *are* using NSProto, aren't you?  (You didn't specify that you
are.)
2. Which version of PMMail98 are you using?  (I'm using 2.01.16)

for Dirk:

1. Which version of Navigator are you using?  (I'm using 4.05)

- Shawn

dodger@softhome.net
http://www.southern.eskimo.net/dodger/

"[The Nevada Boxing Commission] has declared [Mike Tyson]
mentally fit to beat the crap out of other men."     - David Letterman