PGP & TAB and Disk 2

Bill McCarthy PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 15:20:10 -0400

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 00:33:36 +0300, Cristian Secara wrote:

>PGP 6.0.2i  installation *never* asked for 'Disk 2' !

What an incredible piece of junk!  When it asks for Disk 2, which is in a
subdirectory of \TEMP, and it can't find a particular file, it exists
partially installed.  It wipes out Outlook Express.  It also installs a
driver which can't operate without the installation -- producing an error
message at boot (until I disabled the driver).

Anyway, I reinstalled Outlook Express (which required reinstalling I.E.).
This time I noted that the Disk 2 reference was looking for the Adobe
help file.  I attempted a reinstall only specifying the base component
and PGPdisk -- no docs.

That worked but booted with warnings about PGP.  OK, I re-enabled the
device I had disabled and rebooted clean.  Finally, I uninstalled 6.0.2i.

PMMail now could not decrypt anything -- until I noticed that the PGP
paths had been modified by 6.0.2i.  Fixed that and now I'm back to
normal, without 6.0.2i.

And that's the story of Disk 2.

Bill