problem was (null)

Roger Lindmark PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:02:55 +0200

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:51:01 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:15:51 +0200, Roger Lindmark wrote:
>
>>I use a null message filter for my outgoing messages that catches all
>>messages without a subject. The filter is a complex filter and has been
>>written by Rolf Lochbuehler.
>> [...]
>>I have:
>>Inform user
>>Open message
>>Delete message
>>Outgoing messages (post send).
>>
>>This filter works very well and the null message is automatically
>>opened so you can add a correct subject. This filter catches also
>>incoming messages, if you add it, but you can not edit the subject line
>>then.
>
> can you clarify a bit?
>>Outgoing messages (post send).
>shouldn't that be "pre-send" or do you activate both?

I have tried several times "pre-send" but I have never got it working
so I always use "post-send" for my filters.

> I've just bee trying the filter. While it catches the messages, it
>DOES send the ones with the (null) message as well. Like *this* one,
>which was sent with the filter on, then when it came up for editing,
>the subject was added. Guess you'll see this one twice. Only change is
>that only messages with a subject will show up in the "sent" folder.
>
> Anything I did wrong?

I think it should work correct if you for "Delete Message" chooses
"local copy". I forgot to add that, I am sorry to say, but then the
original null message e-mail is deleted and only the edited one is
sent.

Sincerely Yours

Roger

http://www.algonet.se/~roger-li

 ** TagIt/2 v2.0.1 **

... Experiments should be reproducible, they should all fail in the same way.