problem was (null)

Roger Lindmark PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 00:16:36 +0200

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:28:48 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:02:55 +0200, Roger Lindmark wrote:
>
>>I have tried several times "pre-send" but I have never got it working
>>so I always use "post-send" for my filters.
>
> it works here both ways.

It works for me also, but this pre-send and post-send have always
confused me. This is from the online help:

" 'Outgoing (Pre-Send)' filtering is
 performed on every outgoing message, before it is
 sent. 'Outgoing (Post-Send)' filtering is applied after
 each outgoing message, but before the message is
 deposited in your 'Sent' folder. "

For me it seems that all are Post-Send, as I get the filter triggered
after I hit F5. Pre-Send I think would be that the filter is triggered
when the message is on the way to the outbox. I would be very happy if
someone could shed light upon this matter.

>>I think it should work correct if you for "Delete Message" chooses
>>"local copy". I forgot to add that, I am sorry to say, but then the
>>original null message e-mail is deleted and only the edited one is
>>sent.
>
> I did so - just checked again. I've also checked the script and it
>seems identical. It also appears to me that Robb also had the
>duplication when he tried with his own message. Actually, I don't this
>is a *major* problem (though it would be nice to have it "idiot-proof")
>- I'm glad if I can grab the occasional "null" message.
>
> Thanks again for the nice script!

Your welcome.

This null message problem is for me a worser problem than HTML -mail.
It would be good if the e-mail clients could automatically filter them
out prior send. In fact, in Messenger of Communicator you get a
warning prior the e-mail reaches the outbox.  You then do not have to
correct the message, when being online.

Sincerely Yours

Roger

http://www.algonet.se/~roger-li