Autocheck for new mail - failure

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 10:00:16 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy, Hazen. My problem is a little different. My ISP
disconnects modem after 20 min of dnload inactivity and
injoy reconnect automatically. This works ok. But
somewhere along the line, and I'm not sure where,
PMMail stops autochecking for mail.

w3
==========

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 11:53:19 -0500 (CDT), Hazen Woods
wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:36:39 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:
>
>>>I am not sure what the problem is, but PMMail/OS2
>>>ceases to autocheck with the mail server at some point
>>>and a manual check is required to dnload my email.
> SNIP
>
>FWIW, I have similar problem,  Likewise have autocheck for 360 seconds.
>InJoy remains connected for more than 2 hours, then timesout. After that,
>sometimes PMMail will trigger InJoy  which will reconnect with ISP and then
>fetch mail.  Sometimes, however,  InJoy remains timed out and on everyone of
>these times, PMMail shows in its the status bar:     "Connecting to POP
>server".
>

>I was going to post my own message to the list later today, but thought I'd
>tag along on your thread <grin>.
>Hazen Woods
>Austin, TX
>Sent to you at Warp 4 speed (FP8)