Autocheck for new mail - failure

Dick Reeser pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 17:42:25 -0500 (CDT)

Some time back I reported this problem.  The reply I got is below.
I've been watching it and I haven't figured out a pattern yet.  As
one of the other messages states, you can "Fetch all Accounts"
and that starts the ball rolling again.

Puzzling.

On Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:36:39 -0700 (PDT), Bill Wood wrote:

>I am not sure what the problem is, but PMMail/OS2
>ceases to autocheck with the mail server at some point
>and a manual check is required to dnload my email.

>>On Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:24:46 -0400, PMMail for OS/2 Support wrote:
>>
>>>The programmers tell me that they have seen this before but have not been able to nail it down to a pattern yet.  It seems to happen if there has been a
>>>network "hiccup". They think it is related to TCP/IP cacheing, it caches the bad connection and until you "manually" reset it, it won't fetch properly.
>>>
>>>Sorry we could not be more helpful
>>>

>>>Dave

Later,

Dick Reeser
Logan, Iowa, USA

" back to one eleven, mark fourteen ..."