Not dead yet...

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:08:08 +0100

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:21:56 +0200, Anders Gjerl v wrote:

>Just running through some old mails :)
>
>Found this quote from Bob: (Thanks Steve!)
>>I know it seems that we've dropped off the face of the earth, and in
>>some respects we have.  Just too many new things to experience in a
>>new city.  But we try not to stray too far :)

I got flamed when I suggested before that as OS/2 is effectively dead as
a desktop operating system (heresy,  heresy!) writing mail clients for it
was hardly likely to to result in a bank balance similar to that of Bill Gates
(spit,  spit!).

I also said that I had never come across another user of the PMmail  98
who was not, like me, a migrant from OS/2 (traitor, renegade!)

I can't see that  Bob and Icon can treat PMmail as anything other than a
hobby these days - after all they have got to eat. It might be thought that
their absence from this list confirms this.

>Anyone know how close we are now? ;o) "real real close" maybe?
hehehe

I suspect it depends on when Bob and Icon have got a bit of time to spare
for their hobby ...

David

(If you feel that my self-flaming is inadequate please feel free to join in)

David