Not dead yet...

Jon Harrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:20:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:50:30 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    As for setup, the hardest OS that I had to setup was WinNT.  Followed by
>OS/2, BeOS and Win98.  Win95 was a bit simpler.  I started on Linux with the

Gee, I think Linux is the hardest.  I think WinNT may be easier
than OS/2, and like you said, w95 is the easiest.  Linux is
hardest because it doesn't find my nic out-of-the-box and I have
to find the driver, build it, etc.  I can't get sound to work
with my true Sound Blaster ISA card.  Even os/2 finds that stuff
and sets it up.  I admit I haven't put the time in learning it as
I put into learning dos, win31, & os/2.  I've put almost no time
into learning W95 and get around in that fairly well.

Jon