Not dead yet...

Anders Gjerløv pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 18:23:12 +0200

>    Of course, that is assuming whatever is being said really *needs* to be
>expressed in multiple, colored fonts.  Most things don't.  One could also use
>HTML which is an open standard.
Best solution IMHO.

>    No, you must not.  Photoshop works on open or well known graphic
>standards.  I seriously doubt you *need* it.
Photoshop - no one *needs* that, as there are other programs that can
produce the same work. Director is different.

>> What I was trying to say was that I can read anything produced by Outlook
>> Express in PMmail, (hey, look - on topic!). Outlook Express  does not embody
>> unique formats, (which can become standards) the way that Word and
>> Photoshop do.
Sorry to disappoint you here. Outlook Express will (I have no idea as
to how) send you mails with attachments that PMMail can not open. I
have to bounce them on to my work e-mail address and then open them
from there.

>> It seems to me however that it is a long step from one company considering
>> porting a compiler to a platform and that platform becoming sufficiently
>> widely used to make it worthwhile for the manufacturers of a major
>> applications to produce versions for that platform.
Plenty of support for Linux right now. From allmost every vendor and
manufacturer. I would like to see soem of the major apps from the
Windows/Macintosh follow.

>    Which isn't to say he isn't making his own mistakes.  He's made plenty and
>it is only getting worse.
:o) Need I say "Bob"?

Anders