Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

Don Morse pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:11:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 05:14:55 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

re:>Questions for Southsoft about the next releases of PMMail/2 and PMMail
re:>98.
re:>
re:>
re:>BUG: Stalled POP Retrievals - POP retrievals sometimes stall and when
re:>they do, PMMail should recognize the situation and cause a new Fetch
re:>cycle to run.
re:>

Since I switched to a dedicated ISDN connection, I've never seen this issue
again.

re:>BUG: Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders
re:>in PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.
re:>

Hmmm,  this feature works for me flawlessly.  I have 43 folders, with 7 of them
containing over 1800 items.  I use it constantly to refer back to what some of
the clowns, excuse me, telcos, tell me....

re:>BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
re:>the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.
re:>

I use this daily.  This runs for me all day long and has not, as of yet failed.  At
the office I'm on a dedicated T1.  ?another network interaction bug?

re:>BUG: 'Not Found' Message Missing - When using the FIND function in the
re:>message read window, 'Not Found' conditions not reported in PMMail/2 as
re:>they are in PMMail98
re:>

yep.

re:>BUG: Black Boxes - PMMail/2 sometimes prints black boxes at end of
re:>printed lines
re:>

This is a direct result of the font set chosen to print with.  I had this issue until
I chose the proper font.

re:>BUG: Spell Checker - Certain words such as plural of the words "yoyo"
re:>and "yo-yo" cause PMMail/2 to hang when they are spell checked.
re:>

Never had a hang with spell checker.

re:>FEATURE - Allow the selection of printer fonts independent of the
re:>display fonts.
re:>

Only if it has the font set bug (black boxes) corrected.

re:>FEATURE - Provide a 'Monospaced/Proportional' button/keystroke to allow
re:>a quick switch between displaying mail with a monospaced or
re:>proportional font.
re:>

good suggestion.

re:>FEATURE - Allow the creation or assignment of Signatures by folder
re:>instead of accounts.
re:>

Another great suggestion

re:>FEATURE - Provide a 'Fetch All Accounts' function for PMMail 98 as in
re:>PMMail/2.
re:>

Who cares, all you windows users will be out of business after Jan1, 2000
anyway....

re:>FEATURE - Provide ability to apply individual manual Filters for PMMail
re:>98 as in PMMail/2.
re:>

Win probably can't handle it.

re:>FEATURE - Break button to force a 'Fetch' or Send process to terminate.
re:>

excellent

re:>FEATURE - Add a 'Find' function to the Edit Message Window.
re:>

probably useful..

re:>FEATURE - Add 'Find' and 'Find_Again' buttons to the Message Read and
re:>Edit windows.
re:>

same

re:>FEATURE - Selectable printer fonts independent of display fonts.
re:>

ummm, repeat request?  listed above...

re:>FEATURE - Improved spell checker with more relevant suggested
re:>replacements for misspelled words.

good suggestion.

       D Morse using OS/2 Warp 4, fp10,
dmorse@pacificnet.net, www.blackpalace.com