Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:24:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:11:52 -0700 (PDT), Don Morse wrote:

>On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 05:14:55 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>re:>Questions for Southsoft about the next releases of PMMail/2 and PMMail
>re:>98.
>re:>BUG: Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders
>re:>in PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.
>re:>
>
>Hmmm,  this feature works for me flawlessly.  I have 43 folders, with 7 of them
>containing over 1800 items.  I use it constantly to refer back to what some of
>the clowns, excuse me, telcos, tell me....

This problem has actually been confirmed by Southsoft and I'm hoping a
fix has been included in the next release.

>re:>BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
>re:>the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.
>re:>
>
>I use this daily.  This runs for me all day long and has not, as of yet failed.  At
>the office I'm on a dedicated T1.  ?another network interaction bug?

Probably is "another network interaction bug", but of course the point
is that PMMail should work around the bug and not succumb to it.

>re:>BUG: Black Boxes - PMMail/2 sometimes prints black boxes at end of
>re:>printed lines
>re:>
>
>This is a direct result of the font set chosen to print with.  I had this issue until
>I chose the proper font.

PMMail should print out properly using any legitimate printer font, not
just the ones that don't cause to to place a black box at the end of
each line.

>re:>BUG: Spell Checker - Certain words such as plural of the words "yoyo"
>re:>and "yo-yo" cause PMMail/2 to hang when they are spell checked.
>re:>
>
>Never had a hang with spell checker.

Try it out if you dare.<g>  This problem has also been confirmed by
Southsoft and hopefully fixed for the next release.

>re:>FEATURE - Allow the selection of printer fonts independent of the
>re:>display fonts.
>re:>
>
>Only if it has the font set bug (black boxes) corrected.

Agreed!

Thanks for your feedback.

Ralph
rpcohen@neurotron.com