Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:28:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 31 Aug 1999 08:26:50 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>Tuesday, August 31, 1999, 8:11:52 AM, Don wrote:
>re:>>BUG: Find in Folders Failure - The Find function for searching folders
>re:>>in PMMail/2 doesn't properly and completely search subfolders.
>re:>>
>
>> Hmmm,  this feature works for me flawlessly.  I have 43 folders, with 7 of them
>> containing over 1800 items.  I use it constantly to refer back to what some of
>> the clowns, excuse me, telcos, tell me....
>
>    It worked well in PMMail98 as well.  I've got all of my sent mail from
>12/97 to present in an archive account.  Close to 20,000 messages in all.
>Never had a problem searching those archives.  Since it seems like searching
>would be pretty much the same in both OSs, I dunno if there really is a
>problem on the OS/2 side.

Well, as I mentioned, the problem has been confirmed by Bob so
hopefully a fix is included in the next release.

>re:>>FEATURE - Allow the creation or assignment of Signatures by folder
>re:>>instead of accounts.
>
>> Another great suggestion
>
>    Don't look at The Bat!.  Do *not* look at it if you don't want to see how
>it is done rather nicely, that is.  Templates (which allow signature changes)
>based on account, folder, group and individual settings.  I have specialized
>templates for when replying to family, when responding to the list server that
>this list runs on (who needs quoted text & signatures when all you need is to
>forward the text back to the server?), etc.  :)

Ok,  I *REFUSE* to look at the Bat!!!  No, you can't make me do it. NO
NO NO!!!<g>

>re:>>FEATURE - Provide ability to apply individual manual Filters for PMMail
>re:>>98 as in PMMail/2.
>re:>>
>

>    Uhm, considering *I* am the one who suggested it to Bob & Ike with a
>specific case of how to implement it, that it is in the latest PMMail9x beta

Great news!  I look forward to making use of that feature.

Thanks,

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com