Any Questions about or Suggestions for the next release?

xavier caballe pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 18:55:18 +0200

>from OS2. Having PMMail for Win95 might be a
>convenience if it and the OS2 version can use the same
>mail archive/database/setup/etc. So far as I know,
>PMMail doesn't allow me to specify the location for

I have both PMMail for Windows and OS/2 using exactly the same mail
database and setup. I just selected the PMMail for OS/2 directory (on a
HPFS drive) when I installed PMMail 98. PMMail automatically used my mail
database and setup information.

>open. (BTW. I would like to be able to do the same for
>Netscape - any comments?).

You can share the mail folder in Netscape. Just change the Mail folder in
Netscape preferences.

>There is also the question of HPFS. Right now my OS2
>drives are HPFS. I assume anything Windows can't read
>anything HPFS. So if one wanted a common mail

There are some freeware/shareware utilities that offer a limited access to
HPFS from DOS. But if you want a full access, currently only OS/2 and
Windows NT can offer this feature.

Xavi
---
Foghorns blowing in the night, salt sea in the morning breeze,
driving cars all allong the coastline... This must be what paradise is like