Attachment problem with '$' in filename

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:38:14 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 03 Dec 1999 19:15:40 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:

>Same here. The file came through fine. Sometimes things just go
>mysteriously wrong. I'm inclined to agree that his first attempt had
>the file locked or something similar.

I have also seen these empty attachments occur when attaching a locked
file.  The attachment is created but there is no content.  It will
happen, for instance, if I try to attach an open WordPerfect file to a
message.  I think that the real problem here is that, unlike some other
applications, PMMail doesn't issue any warning when it tries to access
a file locked by another application.  I now routinely check the size
of outgoing messages with attachments just to be sure.  I believe this
constitutes a bug in PMMail/2 that should be fixed in a future release.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com