Colored Backgrounds

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 21:35:05 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:36:13 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:27:01 -0700, Dave in Phoenix AZ wrote:
>
>>I love to be a bit different (in many ways) and using html option in sending
>>PMmail(2000) allows such creativity at least in text font and color.  But I'm
>>concerned about it looking like garbage in non-htlm readers.
>
>Doing such things will earn you the hatred of the majority of e-mail users, even if
>they have "html readers."

Agreed. HTML-Email I believe constitutes another of those dreaded
Oxymorons!

Oxymoron (n) fr. "ox" and "moron": referring to an expression
demonstrating extremely low intelligence, but nevertheless continuing
in vigorous circulation despite efforts to kill it off. Examples
abound in the government, military, bureaucracies and IT industry.

First entry in Angelico's Politically Incorrect Dictionary

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
Melbourne PC User Group Inc.
Email: talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... OXYMORON #583: Working vacation