Colored Backgrounds

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:24:04

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 12:53:16 +0100 (MEZ), Alexander Sarras wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:36:13 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 02:27:01 -0700, Dave in Phoenix AZ wrote:
>>
>> >I love to be a bit different (in many ways) and using html option in sending
>> >PMmail(2000) allows such creativity at least in text font and color.  But I'm
>> >concerned about it looking like garbage in non-htlm readers.
>>
>> Doing such things will earn you the hatred of the majority of e-mail users, even if
>> they have "html readers."
>>
>Get's me to consider to put that HTML-flter where it was originally, in
>front of everything else......

Why would you want to do that for goodness sake?

Some  of the people with whom I do business use HTML format in their e-mails -
are you suggesting that to I should refuse to do business with them on principle?

What's wrong with HTML e-mail anyway?

I have seen suggestions that if it is widely adopted the Internet will grind to a halt;
HTML e-mail is becoming ever more common and the net is speeding up.

Can't help wondering if those that carried messages in  forked sticks regarded the
introduction of illuminated manuscripts as entirely unnecessary and burnt all
communications received in this format....

David