Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 15:34:29 -0400 (AST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:40:55 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>David, if I were using PMMail 2000 like you are, I too would have very
>little objection to receiving HTML email.  If someone else wants to
>waste 20 minutes HTMLizing an email to me containing a simple 5 word
>message then that's their problem (unless they work for me<g>).
>Personally, I don't think that HTMLizing email contributes much if
>anything to the messages they contain while adding an unnecessary layer

BTW, the one reason I think HTML might be good for email is to
emphasize words. I have always gotten around this by *highlighting*
words with asterisks but that's clumsy. I would glady accept 60 extra
bytes per message for the ability to use bold or underline or
italics. But again, I want the HTML done efficiently.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler