Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:22:02 -0400 (AST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 23:15:52, David Gaskill wrote:

>Not sure about that. Hygiene would probably be adequately served if I only had five
>centimetres of water in my bath but there's no shortage of water so why shouldn't I have
>a good wallow ...

Some day when the combined biomass of all living humans is greater
than all the free-flowing water on the planet, you may change your
tune. :-) Oh wait, I know, we couldn't possibly ever use *that* much
water. And 640K should be enough for anyone. :-)

>I (reluctantly) left OS/2 before Flash was around but I gather from what you say that it is

I don't think it is available although it seems to me I heard
something about a port somewhere... Regardless, I don't like it. I
could have easily booted to Windows 95 if I *really* wanted to see
Whistler's web site.

>not available for that platform. I have to say that when it is used intelligently in an
>appropriate situation it can be very effective. If it was driving people away from

It may be effective but if I want to watch TV, I will watch TV. I go
to web sites to get info, not to be entertained with
movies/animations. If I want to watch _Dr. No_, I turn on WTBS for
the 15 days of 007. If I want to see the cast list, I fire up
Navigator and surf to www.imdb.com.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler