HTML Email was Colored Backgrounds

John Angelico pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:32:40 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:25:42, David Gaskill wrote in reply to John
Thompson:

>>> Some  of the people with whom I do business use HTML format in their e-mails -
>>> are you suggesting that to I should refuse to do business with them on principle?
>>
>>That's a tough one, since the customer is always right.  No
>>need to compound the sin by using html email yourself,
>>though.
>
>Just seems to me that it is courteous and probably good for business to reply using HTML if
>that's what he has used.

But David and John et al,

Is it NECESSARILY discourteous to reply to a letter by phone? Only if
the letter requests a written reply.

By analogy, why would it be NECESSARY to reply to a HTML-email in
exactly the same way?

If the response required was a simple matter (eg YES/NO) why should
it be sent HTML?

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG