Colored Backgrounds

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 08:50:36 -0800

Monday, December 13, 1999, 8:08:48 AM, Anders wrote:
> the same. Resources that can be exhausted should be treated with care,
> or they will (in time) be no more. (and where will the world be with
> fantasic bandwith, but not the power to use it?)

    Not to mention let us not forget that bandwidth is a transient thing which
cannot be stored.  I can be create and destroyed but it does not exist.  It is
a measurement, nothing more.

> Electricity is a VERY limited resource, and saving some of it has a
> hell of a lot of good effects - too many to bother discussing here!
> Saving on bandwith (or any other resource) is a good thing too - and I
> can not emphasize this enough (imho).

    Not to mention that other factors limit bandwidth.  If you don't have the
power to bring in another router, how can you add bandwidth?  If you don't
have the space for more cables, how can you add more bandwidth?  If you cannot
lay more cable, how can you add more bandwidth?