Colored Backgrounds

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:55:37 -0400 (AST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:33:16 -0500, Jonathan B. Bayer wrote:

>It is cheaper for the utility to give people rebates and reduce the
>total electric load than it is for them to build new generating
>stations and all that goes with them.

Cool. I always wondered why power companies would encourage less use.
It seemed hard to swallow that they would be environmentally
conscious -- regardless of all the pressure to do so -- if it would
*hurt* their profits. Your assessment seems to explain it.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler