Colored Backgrounds

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:26:12

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 17:46:16, David Gaskill wrote:

>This seems to me to be akin to suggesting that digital television should not
>be transmitted because there are large numbers of people who only have
>analogue receivers.

All of whom will have to 'upgrade' in order to continue to have TV
service after the analogue transmitters are switched off.

Digital TV is subjectively worse than analogue for picture quality
*now*. Wait and see what happens when more channels are squeezed into
the multiplexes.

I don't mind so much what people do in one to one mail, but on lists
and Usenet, any use of non-Ascii mail is strongly disliked. I prefer my
OS/2 PMMail to the Windows one because the former strips html
formatting and the latter uses the built in display code to actually
show me what was intended. If I wanted large pink text I would have
bought Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails