Colored Backgrounds

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:27:57 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:55:47 +0100 (MEZ), Alexander
Sarras wrote:

>On Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:28:55 -0400 (AST), Trevor Smith wrote:
>
>> Bah! Electricity is not limited. Electricity is infinite. We just
>> need to harness solar power better. Or we just need to perfect cold
>> fusion. The former might give us all the power we could want until
>> the sun burns out (and then it's all academic anyway <g>). The latter
>> should give us all the power we'll ever need.
>
>ROTFLMAO! Can I show this to my fellow physicists?
>SaS
>--
>  Alexander.Sarras@ap.univie.ac.at  |     * Trouble * IS my middle name!
>                                    |           The TroubleShooter

While its unlikely that energy, electrical and
otherwise, is infinite, it is really shortsighted to
assume that everything ends when economically available
fossil fuels run out, whenever that is. We haven't
really gotten serious about development of the
alternative possibilities because we haven't needed to.
There really is a closed-loop control system out there,
and it'll kick in in about 50 years.  Prices may rise
for a while then, but that's about it.  BTW, from what
I've heard increases in electrical power consumption
are lessening. The exponential model is not happening.

w3

Bill Wood
Las Vegas, NV
wwwood@lv.rmci.net