Wish List for PMMail

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:35:41 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:22:39 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:56:20 -0500 (EST), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>I invite everyone to send their suggestions to this list and I (or
>
>Maybe you should start by posting the old list?

Ahhh, I found it.  I haven't updated it since August but it will give
us a place to start:

-------------------

BUG : Message Editor - The built-in message editor truncates messages
larger than 64K without warning when those messages were imported from
an external editor or file

BUGS (REPEATED BY POPULAR DEMAND) - Any additional information of
assurances you can provide beyond your earlier reply would be greatly
appreciated.

BUG: Stalled POP Retrievals - POP retrievals sometimes stall and when
they do, PMMail should recognize the situation and cause a new Fetch
cycle to run.

BUG: Timed Fetch Failure - Sometimes PMMail stops fetching the mail at
the prescribed timed intervals for no apparent reason.

  NOTE:  A current PMMail/2 beta tester says that the problem still
exists in the latest drop of the beta.

FEATURE - Provide the ability to block and reflow-to-the-margins text
within the Message Editing window.

FEATURE - Provide the ability to apply Filters under Remote Control
(retrieve and sort in folder's, bounce messages, delete spam, etc.
without actually downloading it)

FEATURE - More effective threading to eliminate PMMail's hogging of the
message input and queue especially on slower systems.

FEATURE - Provide the ability to purge attachments while retaining
messages, and new list view symbol to indicate that a message's
attachment(s) have been deleted.

FEATURE - Allow a wider range of times for the "Check for new mail
every ___ seconds" setting so that users can choose to auto-retrieve
from an account once every few hours or even days.  The current maximum
interval of 3600 seconds (1 hour) is too short.

FEATURE - Increase the size of messages which can be edited in the
Message Editor window to greater than 64k.

FEATURE - Provide clickable column headers in PMMail/2 to sort contents
of folders (like in PMMail 98).

FEATURE - Add the capability for SMTP authentication.

FEATURE - Provide additional commandline options such as including the
ability to
start up to check/send mail from specified account(s) before closing
down again.

FEATURE - Provide the ability to allow any account to be used as a
template for creating a new account.

FEATURE - Provide an option to allow an empty New Message window to be
closed without triggering the "Are you sure..." pop-up.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com