Wish List Another Beginning

Jimmy McCorquodale pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:31:18 -0500

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963568=_=_=_

I printed out your list Ralph

This is a rough list that hasn't been completely gone over yet.  There are some duplicates, errors, missing
numbers, etc.  in it.  It is missing quite a few items that got misplaced.  Sorry If I left anyone's ideas out.  I
lost a few of them.  Feel free to resubmit.

I am going over your list Ralph now to add other items.

New build will be released soon (fixes).

jimmy

1.  Support for ""Send to"" from within MSOffice Apps.  PMM works as expected when using the
"Send to""from the pop-up within the windows shell, but when I try and send something from within an
Office (97) application I need to fire up Outlook Express, set it as my default email client.... RESTART
my  office app, then send the file  then go into the outlook config and uncheck the default settings,
refire up pmmail and accept it as my default again

2. A way to save one's work in the middle of an e-mail, but continue working on it, like you have in
most word-processors.

3. Have a timeout/Stop feature for when fetching mail

4. Ability to leave the 'reply to' field blank when setting up an account

5. When forwarding mails, it should be able to only include selected text as quotation ... like we have
for reply

6.  Add the ability to strip attachments off of a message to save disk space after it has been read

7. Bulleting,  add more spacing between the bullet and text.  Can be done by hand, but doesn't keep
other lines in order

8.  In PMMail/2 if you miminize to a status window, that window will always remain behind all other open
windows and programs. Some people would prefer the minimized status window always stay on top. Can
this be changed or at least configurable?

9.  Since the code is already in PMMail to not wrap lines that begin with a '>'
     How about the same for lines that begin with 'http://'

10.  Foreign Language spellchecker

11.  PMMail seems to DL all messages before deleting them from the server.  Have this changed to where
it downloads a few then deletes them.  Then downloads more

12.  Spell check treats the hyphen and apostrophe as letters Change this to be treated as a 'blank space'

13.  Allow user to specify path and location for the tools folder

14.  Add SOCKS support

15.  Add more HTML

16 . In PMMail 2000 when deleting messages, have the default pop up as 'Yes' like in PMMail/2

17.   Have a time limit for "Leave Mail on Server". Where after x days it is removed from the server.

18.  Ability to enter multiple addressbook aliases into the To: field separated by commas without hitting return
after each one.

19.  Filter to move mail to a message to a different account.

20.  When 'moving or copying messages, this list in in order created, and yet some lists (like account window)
are alphabetical.  standardize this, or make it 	customizable

22.  PGP encryption for attachments

23.  Forwarded messages (by filter) with  the attachments attached instead of inline

24.  Be able to Search all accounts at one time.

25.  The find box in 2000 differs from the 98 and PMMail/2  versions in that it is hangs. At the editing box.
Example- Ctrl+F, tab down to enter your search material.  Keep tabbing till you reach the dead end.

26.  When attachments are saved to a folder from PMMail/2 they will overwrite existing files with the same n
ame *without* prompting for confirmation. There should be a confirmation dialog to alert people that they are
about to overwrite a file.

27  At the end of installer have a check box to 'execute the program now'

28  Ability to Hotsynch with Palm Pilot or at least an addon.   I read there was a utility for this somewhere,
anyone know?

30  Add a ""Reply-To"" input field behind ""To"" the same way as it is for ""CC"" and ""BCC"

31  Ability to specify what folder SentMail goes to

32  A method to save attached files by way of the keyboard?

33  Ability to remove the button bars from the mainscreen and new message window

34 Make the character insertion symbol larger or a different color

37  Add IMAP support

38  Add SMIME support

40  SMTP Authentication

41  an option to specify a certain signature to use,with certain folders

42  A template feature, allowing the user to create new accounts that are 'clones' with similar setup as the
others

43 A Linux version

44 Allow a global address book/s feature for a network.

45 Password protection available on specific folders ' instead of/in addition to'  account password protection.
  I have also gotten this requested for a protection of the addressbook as well

47  Ability to delete attachments from an email.

48  I forward a message, currently the full header is included and quoted. IMO it would be better to default
to skipping everything but ""From"", ""To"", ""Date"" and ""Subject"" and not to quote this in the same
manner as the body  And let's add a switch to be able to include  the complete header.

49  Be able to assign different signatures to replies from message to different folders.

50  Ability to access address book outside PMMail.  Have phone numbers start the dialer, have links activate
browser, etc.

51  Add a setting to skip read messages when moving forward/backward between them.

52  A automatic filter action that occurs after a message has been read and automatically sends it to a
specified file.
Example:  I get a message open and read it.  The filter then kicks the message into a 'read message' folder

53  Message Threading.  Add an option 'jump to next message in thread

54 Have highlighting text add more to the addressbook than just email (such as street address)

56  Add the ability to highlight a list of email addresses in a message body, and then to right click and add
them all to the addressbook at once.

57  Windows CE version

58  When applying filters PMMAIL grabs all system power running in high priority level, thus slowing down the
system for other applications.  Lower the priority since filtering is usually used to eliminate SPAM.

59  Ability to merge multiple address books and remove duplicate entries

60  When moving messages, have a 'same as last' choice

61 Ability to edit received messages (not the replied to ones) for archiving.  Such as editing out all the garbage
or changing the subject for easier retrieval later.

62  When deleting a folder that is filtered to, PMMail defaults to the first folder.  Could this be changed to default
to inbox, or at least notify the user of the change

63  PGP flags in addressbook.  So that when an entry with the flag is selected, PMMail will always encrypt it
unless action is taken to stop it.

65  When minimized, new messages are title 'New Message"".  This makes them indistinguishable if there are
several.  Perhaps have a way to title them as "<subject> to:<recipient>"

67  Netscape integration for OS/2

68  Support Digital certificates

69  A way to set column widths in the search dialogue and have it saved.

70  When using RMB to add addresses from the addressbooks, have it stay open after choosing one, so you
don't need to RMB each and every time.

73  Add scrollable window for addressing messages by thier addressbook entry.  (User has 50 and can't see
them all,in PMMail/2)

74  When I encode huge attachments (this means when the message is created),PMMail is blocked until the
job has been finished.

75  Drag attachments out of the attachments pane (to the desktop, etc)

76  Drag and drop between the To: and CC: Windows.

78 A button or key combination to go to next unread message.  Regardless of what folder it is in

80 Auto Refresh setting for the remote control",0,0,

81  Ability to default to  'BCC' when opening a new message instead of 'CC'

82  Enable saving search options as a template so that we get some kind of message views (show all
messages from Mister X.)
IE search for messages from ' elvis@' and 'pmmail'  .  Then a secondary search for messages related to 'pgp'.
Thus getting messages from 'elvis@' with 'pmmail' about 'pgp'

83  Consider you have several folders with many messages. Now you have scrolled down to a certain position
within one folder, temporarily switch to another and then go back. Now your scrollbar is at the top of the folder
again.

84 Wouldn't It Be Nice If you could stop PMMAIL from attempting to dialout every time you send a email when
offline.    I know that I can unselect ""Send immediately"" but that also affects sending notes when I am online.

85 Add 128-bit encryption recognized currently by Netscape and Eudora for receiving encrypted mail from
webpages

86 In the preview pane move the arrow keys to the bottom of a message. Keep hitting the arrow key. You get a
system beep, NOT out of the sound card, but out of the system speaker, and there is no way to shut it off.

87  A filter action to add an attachment

90  Ability to edit a message in the outbox.  For example I put a message in the outbox to send, but then see an
error and would like to be able to correct it.

93  Have a set color of a 'replied to message

94  Have PMMail feature an in built archiving utility that allows simple import/export of archived message

97  I would like to see an implied domain feature added. I am a convert from MR2/ICE and switched because
PMMail supported APOP.  simply type a username and it appended the ""@domain.com"" and sent the mail

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.
jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

Blueprint Software Works, Inc.
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sales: 800-603-5684  /   910-452-4787
Fax: 910-452-9734

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963568=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT SIZE="1" POINTSIZE="8" DEFAULT="SIZE"><FONT FACE="MS Sans Serif" DEFAULT="FACE">I printed out your list Ralph<BR>
<BR>
This is a rough list that hasn't been completely gone over yet.  There are some duplicates, errors, missing <BR>
numbers, etc.  in it.  It is missing quite a few items that got misplaced.  Sorry If I left anyone's ideas out.  I <BR>
lost a few of them.  Feel free to resubmit.  <BR>
<BR>
<BR>
I am going over your list Ralph now to add other items.<BR>
<BR>
New build will be released soon (fixes).<BR>
<BR>
jimmy<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
1.  Support for ""Send to"" from within MSOffice Apps.  PMM works as expected when using the <BR>
"Send to""from the pop-up within the windows shell, but when I try and send something from within an <BR>
Office (97) application I need to fire up Outlook Express, set it as my default email client.... RESTART <BR>
my  office app, then send the file  then go into the outlook config and uncheck the default settings, <BR>
refire up pmmail and accept it as my default again<BR>
<BR>
2.<B> </B>A<B> </B>way to save one's work in the middle of an e-mail, but continue working on it, like you have in <BR>
most word-processors.<BR>
<BR>
3.<B> </B>Have a timeout/Stop feature for when fetching mail<BR>
<BR>
4.<B> </B>Ability to leave the 'reply to' field blank when setting up an account<BR>
<BR>
5.<B> </B>When forwarding mails, it should be able to only include selected text as quotation ... like we have <BR>
for reply<BR>
<B><BR>
</B>6. <B> </B>Add the ability to strip attachments off of a message to save disk space after it has been read<BR>
<BR>
7. Bulleting,  add more spacing between the bullet and text.  Can be done by hand, but doesn't keep <BR>
other lines in order<BR>
<BR>
8.  In PMMail/2 if you miminize to a status window, that window will always remain behind all other open <BR>
windows and programs. Some people would prefer the minimized status window always stay on top. Can <BR>
this be changed or at least configurable?<BR>
<BR>
9.  Since the code is already in PMMail to not wrap lines that begin with a '&gt;'<BR>
     How about the same for lines that begin with 'http://'<BR>
<BR>
10.  Foreign Language spellchecker<BR>
<BR>
11.  PMMail seems to DL all messages before deleting them from the server.  Have this changed to where <BR>
it downloads a few then deletes them.  Then downloads more <BR>
<BR>
12.  Spell check treats the hyphen and apostrophe as letters Change this to be treated as a 'blank space'<BR>
<BR>
13.  Allow user to specify path and location for the tools folder <BR>
<BR>
14.  Add SOCKS support<BR>
<BR>
15.  Add more HTML <BR>
<BR>
16 . In PMMail 2000 when deleting messages, have the default pop up as 'Yes' like in PMMail/2<BR>
<BR>
17.   Have a time limit for "Leave Mail on Server". Where after x days it is removed from the server.<BR>
<BR>
18.  Ability to enter multiple addressbook aliases into the To: field separated by commas without hitting return <BR>
after each one.  <BR>
<BR>
19.  Filter to move mail to a message to a different account.<BR>
<BR>
20.  When 'moving or copying messages, this list in in order created, and yet some lists (like account window) <BR>
are alphabetical.  standardize this, or make it     customizable<BR>
<BR>
22.  PGP encryption for attachments<BR>
<BR>
23.  Forwarded messages (by filter) with  the attachments attached instead of inline<BR>
<BR>
24.  Be able to Search all accounts at one time.<BR>
<BR>
25.  The find box in 2000 differs from the 98 and PMMail/2  versions in that it is hangs. At the editing box. <BR>
Example- Ctrl+F, tab down to enter your search material.  Keep tabbing till you reach the dead end.<BR>
<BR>
26.  When attachments are saved to a folder from PMMail/2 they will overwrite existing files with the same n<BR>
ame *without* prompting for confirmation. There should be a confirmation dialog to alert people that they are <BR>
about to overwrite a file.<BR>
<BR>
27  At the end of installer have a check box to 'execute the program now'<BR>
<BR>
28  Ability to Hotsynch with Palm Pilot or at least an addon.   <FONT COLOR=ff0000>I read there was a utility for this somewhere, <BR>
anyone know?<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"><BR>
<BR>
30  Add a ""Reply-To"" input field behind ""To"" the same way as it is for ""CC"" and ""BCC"<BR>
<BR>
31  Ability to specify what folder SentMail goes to<BR>
<BR>
32  A method to save attached files by way of the keyboard?<BR>
<BR>
33  Ability to remove the button bars from the mainscreen and new message window<BR>
<BR>
34 Make the character insertion symbol larger or a different color<BR>
<BR>
37  Add IMAP support<BR>
<BR>
38  Add SMIME support<BR>
<BR>
40  SMTP Authentication<BR>
<BR>
41  an option to specify a certain signature to use,with certain folders<BR>
<BR>
42  A template feature, allowing the user to create new accounts that are 'clones' with similar setup as the <BR>
others<BR>
<BR>
43 A Linux version <BR>
<BR>
44 Allow a global address book/s feature for a network.<BR>
<BR>
45 Password protection available on specific folders ' instead of/in addition to'  account password protection.<BR>
  I have also gotten this requested for a protection of the addressbook as well<BR>
<BR>
47  Ability to delete attachments from an email.<BR>
<BR>
48  I forward a message, currently the full header is included and quoted. IMO it would be better to default <BR>
to skipping everything but ""From"", ""To"", ""Date"" and ""Subject"" and not to quote this in the same <BR>
manner as the body  And let's add a switch to be able to include  the complete header.<BR>
<BR>
49  Be able to assign different signatures to replies from message to different folders.<BR>
<BR>
50  Ability to access address book outside PMMail.  Have phone numbers start the dialer, have links activate <BR>
browser, etc.<BR>
<BR>
51  Add a setting to skip read messages when moving forward/backward between them.<BR>
<BR>
52  A automatic filter action that occurs after a message has been read and automatically sends it to a <BR>
specified file.<BR>
Example:  I get a message open and read it.  The filter then kicks the message into a 'read message' folder<BR>
<BR>
53  Message Threading.  Add an option 'jump to next message in thread<BR>
<BR>
54 Have highlighting text add more to the addressbook than just email (such as street address)<BR>
<BR>
56  Add the ability to highlight a list of email addresses in a message body, and then to right click and add <BR>
them all to the addressbook at once. <BR>
<BR>
57  Windows CE version<BR>
<BR>
58  When applying filters PMMAIL grabs all system power running in high priority level, thus slowing down the <BR>
system for other applications.  Lower the priority since filtering is usually used to eliminate SPAM.<BR>
<BR>
59  Ability to merge multiple address books and remove duplicate entries<BR>
<BR>
60  When moving messages, have a 'same as last' choice<BR>
<BR>
61 Ability to edit received messages (not the replied to ones) for archiving.  Such as editing out all the garbage <BR>
or changing the subject for easier retrieval later.<BR>
<BR>
62  When deleting a folder that is filtered to, PMMail defaults to the first folder.  Could this be changed to default <BR>
to inbox, or at least notify the user of the change<BR>
<BR>
63  PGP flags in addressbook.  So that when an entry with the flag is selected, PMMail will always encrypt it <BR>
unless action is taken to stop it.<BR>
<BR>
65  When minimized, new messages are title 'New Message"".  This makes them indistinguishable if there are <BR>
several.  Perhaps have a way to title them as "&lt;subject&gt; to:&lt;recipient&gt;"<BR>
<BR>
67  Netscape integration for OS/2<BR>
<BR>
68  Support Digital certificates<BR>
<BR>
69  A way to set column widths in the search dialogue and have it saved.<BR>
<BR>
70  When using RMB to add addresses from the addressbooks, have it stay open after choosing one, so you <BR>
don't need to RMB each and every time.<BR>
<BR>
73  Add scrollable window for addressing messages by thier addressbook entry.  (User has 50 and can't see <BR>
them all,in PMMail/2)<BR>
<BR>
74  When I encode huge attachments (this means when the message is created),PMMail is blocked until the <BR>
job has been finished. <BR>
<BR>
75  Drag attachments out of the attachments pane (to the desktop, etc)<BR>
<BR>
76  Drag and drop between the To: and CC: Windows.<BR>
<BR>
78 A button or key combination to go to next unread message.  Regardless of what folder it is in<BR>
<BR>
80 Auto Refresh setting for the remote control",0,0,<BR>
<BR>
81  Ability to default to  'BCC' when opening a new message instead of 'CC'<BR>
<BR>
82  Enable saving search options as a template so that we get some kind of message views (show all <BR>
messages from Mister X.)<BR>
IE search for messages from ' elvis@' and 'pmmail'  .  Then a secondary search for messages related to 'pgp'.  <BR>
Thus getting messages from 'elvis@' with 'pmmail' about 'pgp'<BR>
<BR>
83  Consider you have several folders with many messages. Now you have scrolled down to a certain position <BR>
within one folder, temporarily switch to another and then go back. Now your scrollbar is at the top of the folder <BR>
again.<BR>
<BR>
84 Wouldn't It Be Nice If you could stop PMMAIL from attempting to dialout every time you send a email when <BR>
offline.    I know that I can unselect ""Send immediately"" but that also affects sending notes when I am online.<BR>
<BR>
85 Add 128-bit encryption recognized currently by Netscape and Eudora for receiving encrypted mail from <BR>
webpages<BR>
<BR>
86 In the preview pane move the arrow keys to the bottom of a message. Keep hitting the arrow key. You get a <BR>
system beep, NOT out of the sound card, but out of the system speaker, and there is no way to shut it off.<BR>
<BR>
87  A filter action to add an attachment<BR>
<BR>
90  Ability to edit a message in the outbox.  For example I put a message in the outbox to send, but then see an <BR>
error and would like to be able to correct it.<BR>
<BR>
93  Have a set color of a 'replied to message<BR>
<BR>
94  Have PMMail feature an in built archiving utility that allows simple import/export of archived message<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
97  I would like to see an implied domain feature added. I am a convert from MR2/ICE and switched because <BR>
PMMail supported APOP.  simply type a username and it appended the ""@domain.com"" and sent the mail<BR>
<BR>
<BR>

</HTML>

<HTML>
<LEFT>
<FONT FACE="MS Sans Serif" COLOR="#000001" SIZE="1" POINTSIZE="8" DEFAULT="ALL">
Jimmy&nbsp;S.&nbsp;McCorquodale,&nbsp;Jr.<br>
jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<br>
Blueprint&nbsp;Software&nbsp;Works,&nbsp;Inc.<br>
http://www.blueprintsoftwareworks.com<br>
Sales:&nbsp;800-603-5684&nbsp;&nbsp;/&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;910-452-4787&nbsp;<br>
Fax:&nbsp;910-452-9734</HTML>

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_4963568=_=_=_--