Wish List for PMMail

Steve Marvin pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 21:30:48 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:02:18 +0100, Anders Gjerl v wrote:

>>>Bug - Filters that move mail, will occasionally move to a wrong folder.
>>>This seems to happen when one creates new folders. It will not move to
>>>the correct folder, unless the folder it "chooses" is deleted. (Does
>>>this make any sense? I have no idea how else to explain it)
>>I haven't seen this.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it
>>repeatable?
>Well - it is. But I don't know how to "set it up". I have one filter
>right now, where I can not move a message to a certain folder. I can
>select the folder and click "Ok". When I click on "Edit" again, the
>folder selected is a different one than the one I wanted. Annoying!

The problem most likely is that all of you folder numbers are not unique.

Each folder contains a folder.ini file that has the folder name and a
unique number (I think it is the second field but am not sure). In the
Filters.lst file, the folder to move or copy to is a number not a name.

So if your folder numbers are screwed up, say folderA and folderB both
have number 33 and you select B and then save the filter, it may display
A the next time you open.

As to the exact placement of the folder number in the folder.ini and filters.lst
file, I can not help. If someone knew this, they could either write a rexx/perl
script to make sure the numbers are unique OR you could do it manually
by editing each folder.ini file.