In the beginning...

Paul Hodges pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:30:26

On Thu, 16 Dec 1999 12:17:21 +1000 (EST), John Angelico wrote:

>  In the case of email DTP-style embellishments do not match real life
>  mail - therefore I contend that HTML or similar enhancements to email
>  are more easily seen as "just techno-geeks playing with their
>  expensive toys"

Plenty of business mail is word-processed with various forms of
emphasis and printed on coloured paper with graphics at the top and
bottom.  HTML mail offers the possibility of aping this.  The problem
is not that it can be done, but that it is done both inappropriately
and badly (think also of the DTP produced by an office that has just
got the facility and is playing with it!).

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd