Wish List Another Beginning

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:45:24

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:32:36 -0500 (EST), Norm wrote:

>     But since the vast majority of users are using POP3 the problem is
>with the way POP3 operates, and IIRC (albeit I'm no POP3 expert) POP3
>will not delete any messages until the entire 'fetch' process has
>completed successfully.

Well, most of my PMMail use is with smtp but I do use POP3 with PMMail
2000 at work. POP3 does not update the status of the mailbox until the
user logs out. If the connection breaks, the messages marked for
deletion are not deleted. This is a safety feature(tm) :-)

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails