Wish List Another Beginning

Bill Wood pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:09:34 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:49:38 -0500, Jonathan B. Bayer
wrote:

>>>Well, most of my PMMail use is with smtp but I do use POP3 with PMMail
>>>2000 at work. POP3 does not update the status of the mailbox until the
>>>user logs out. If the connection breaks, the messages marked for
>>>deletion are not deleted. This is a safety feature(tm) :-)
>>

>>     Exactly, and I don't see how they could code the client around it.

... etc.

I don't know who manages the POP3 specification, but we
should send them a suggestion that the standard be
modified at the next revision to require a command that
deletes all msgs on the server that are marked for
deletion. This would seem to be a non-controversial
improvement. We may have a while to wait, but, in the
end, it is better to fix problems then to have to work
around them.

I don't like breaking my connection to my ISP because
sometimes it takes several tries to reestablish a good
one.

w3
w3

Bill Wood