Wish List Another Beginning

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:15:55 -0800

Friday, December 17, 1999, 5:19:00 AM, Darin wrote:
> Given the format of SMTP commands, this should be done as "download 1,
> delete 1 ... download 2, delete 2 ..."  Not even "a few" but as it
> downloads them - immediately after that, delete them.  (They are simply
> *marked* for deletion until the connection is severed)

    First off chances are that the mail is retrieved via POP and not SMTP.

    Secondly, even if it were that way (in fact, I think it is) the remote
server does not delete the messages until the session is properly terminated.
It only marks them for deletion when the DELE command is given, it does not
delete them then and there.