Wish List Another Beginning

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 12:35:06 -0400 (AST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:19:00 -0500 (EST), Darin McBride wrote:

>Given the format of SMTP commands, this should be done as "download 1,
>delete 1 ... download 2, delete 2 ..."  Not even "a few" but as it
>downloads them - immediately after that, delete them.  (They are simply
>*marked* for deletion until the connection is severed)

OK, here's a question:

If messages are marked for deletion on a POP3 server and no QUIT
command ever comes (because the connection was dropped), are they
still marked for deletion the next time you connect? If so, why not
just look for this state and not download them again?

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler