PMMail Announce List?

Markus Greiling pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 11:17:28 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 01:45:48 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:39:52 +0100 (CET), Markus Greiling wrote:
>
>>longer and that some people on this list would be better off using port
>>194 instead of port 25/110.)
>
>I know 25 and 110, what's 194?

IRC

>>Mar - adding PMMail support for score files to the wishlist - kus
>
>And what are score files?  :)

A refined form of filtering. Basic Idea (from the slrn manuals):

"slrn awards an article points by giving it a score.  If the score for
the article is less than zero, the article is marked as read or killed.
The purpose of the score file is to define the set of tests that an
article must go through to determine the score.  Although the score may
be based on ANY header item, it is recommended that one stick with the
following for efficiency:

      * Subject
      * From
      * Xref
      * References
      * Lines

[...]
A group of keywords defines a test that is given to the header of the
article.  The `Score' keyword is used to assign a score to the header
if the header passes the test.  It also serves to delimit tests.  The
score can be any positive or negative integer.  However there are two
special values: 9999 and -9999.  If the score for an individual test
is one of these two values, any following tests are skipped and the
article is simply given one of the two special values.  If the
numerical value of the score is prefixed by an equal sign, score
processing for the header is stoped and the header will be given the
score for that test.

[... example: ...]

  [comp.os.linux.*]
     Score: -10