Wish list

Ray pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 10:16:59 -0500 (EST)

Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:30:27 -0500 (EST), Ray wrote:
>
>>	Enabling switching between open PMMail/2 windows with
>>Ctrl-Tab, the way Netscape does.
>
>Versus Alt-Tab, which switches between everything?

I usually have more than one PMMail window open at a time -- the main
one, two messages I'm reading, one or two I'm composing -- and
frequently want to switch to one out of the other.  If it happens to
be the last one that had the focus on my desktop, Alt-Tab works fine,
likewise if it's third or fourth in z-order (have I got that right?),
no sweat.  But if I've returned from somewhere else, it's a nuisance
to have to Ctrl-Esc the tasklist and choose the window from there,
esp since this demands I read through the blasted thing and figure
out which fracking window with which title I was thinking of.  Much
more visceral/instinctual/quicker for this caveman anyway would be
"duh, the keys to let me go into other window of this same app" ie,
ctrl-tab.

It happens to be a feature I find very useful in Netscape, where it
lets me cycle through the various open windows and leave other apps
be.  (I frankly wish other OS/2 apps (eg word processors) would let
you do this.)  Of course right now Alt-Tab in a message composition
window moves you around from the compose area to the various headers,
but there's it's practically replicating plain ol' Tab, except Tab
only "tabs" in the compose area.

Course, if this were implemented, you wouldn't ever need to use it if
you didn't want to.

Well, you asked, Steve!

-Ray Tennenbaum