PGP 5

Brian Morrison pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:31:27

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:17:41 +0000, Winfried Tilanus wrote:

>On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 07:18:27 -0800 (PST), Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>
>>I found that if you want PGP 5.0 as the default. quit PMMail/2, move
>>the 2.63 executables out of the PGPPATH path, and move the PGP 5.0
>>executables into the PGPPATH. Restart PMMAIL/2, and you now can use
>>PGP 5.0 from the Options menu.
>
>In my case I have the PGP 5.0 executable neither in my path neither in
>my PGPPATH directory, PGP 2.6.3 is in my path and in my PGPPATH
>directory are only my keyrings (all 4 of them) and de config files.
>With this setup I couldn't get PMMail/2 2.0 to work properly with PGP.

I have found that it is necessary to have PGP 5 executable in the path
and in the PGPPATH env variable. But PGP 5 works for me, it certainly
doesn't 'eat' files when used with PMMail.

Can you explain exactly what happened, with some details of how the
mail was addressed and how many keys you have. I do find that PMMail is
not well able to deal with multiple keys on the same address yet,
something that could do with fixing.

I'd like to see it so that a key ID could be specified for a recipient
in the address book, and that a key ID for signing, adding fingerprint
and public key to outgoing messages be defined somewhere.

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails