Attachment Handling PMMail98 (regarding Mailing List digests)

Joerg Bencke PMMAIL Discussion List <PMMAIL-L@VM.EGE.EDU.TR>
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 15:58:04 +0100

Hi there.
I am member of some mailinglists, where digests look somehting like below.

1) In PMMail, the separate messages are shown as unnamed attachments. Is
there a way to treat these attachments as Mails ? Do I ned to set up some
mime connection ?

2) if not : Is there a tool out there to Handle digests more easily ? MS
Outlook treats these messages quite nicely, but I really do not want to
change just THAT ;-)

3) BoBnIcon : Would it be very demanding to implement it that way, that a)
the subjectline would show p instead of the name
b) the mails in attachments are treated as such ?

4) While I'm at it. Does one of you know a "digest Tool" to collect mails
and turn them into a digest form itself ? The digest function of my
emailserver (mercury 3.16) does not really do it at all.

See ya. Josch

>To: Recipients of MERCURY digests <MERCURY@BAMA.UA.EDU>
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date:     Mon, 22 Feb 1999 00:00:41 -0600
>Sender:   Mercury (Pmail SMTP gateway) Discussion List ><MERCURY@bama.ua.edu>
>From:     Automatic digest processor <LISTSERV@BAMA.UA.EDU>
>Subject:  MERCURY Digest - 19 Feb 1999 to 21 Feb 1999
>To:       Recipients of MERCURY digests <MERCURY@BAMA.UA.EDU>
>

>There are 2 messages totalling 74 lines in this issue.
>
>Topics of the day:
>
>  1. Strange behaviour in Pop Client (51 messages) (2)

>Date:    Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:17:52 +0100
>From:    Ricardo Bernat <ricber@IUDEXEUS.UAB.ES>
>Subject: Strange behaviour in Pop Client (51 messages)
>
>Hi all again,

---          !Protect your privacy, use Email encryption!
Joerg Bencke                         J.Bencke@tu-bs.de
PGP Key availabla via Keyserver.    KeyID = 0x815B5EC5
Fingerprint = 2CD6 9887 3DE1 15F5  C77E FC33 5EBF 96E6