Netscape integration

Ken Diehl pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:28:19 -0400

On Wed, 30 Jun 1999 19:00:00 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On this point I'm afraid we still must disagree.  I believe that
>de-integrating the functions already included in PMMail would be the
>surest path to it's demise.  There are relatively very few people out
>there who would be willing to "roll their own" fantastically great
>email program when they can get a somewhat adequate one already rolled.

I had wondered about this also.  While I would be comfortable with the "features" being decoupled I doubt the
"average" user would.  I bought a copy of PMMAIL for my best friend to use mostly because I could help him with it
from a distance if need be and because I think it is a good product.  But he wouldn't have a clue about how to
couple an external editor or spell checker.  OTOH, how many "average" users actually use pmmail or similar
clients.  Most probably use what came with the computer.  I would expect most pmmail users are computer literate
enough to handle the coupling.  As marketers say, you need to know you target audience.

Ken Diehl, PhD, PE
Director of Engineering Programs
211 Deloach Hall
University of North Carolina at Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403
Voice:  (910) 962-4079
FAX:    (910) 962-4193