PMMail/2 and Broken Telephone Connectinons

Agents pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:27:07 -0500

Unfortunately I got a somewhat similar cavalier response when I twice complained about this over a year ago.  I was told that
this was a limitation of the TCP/IP stack in OS/2...  Clearly this needs to be addressed and I quite agree with you that it is hard
to recommend a package that does not handle this problem appropriately.

My second big gripe is that many of the timeconsuming processes in PMMail/2, e.g, sorting messages, sorting newsgroups
etc are not spun off in separate threads and hence hog the message queue on slower computers.  I am using a 90 MHz
Pentium equivalent and frequently have to sit and stare at my computer while PMMail is doing something instead of being
able to do something in another application while PMMail/2 is working.  We are not talking seconds here, we are talking
several *minutes*!  Not acceptable as well.

Hakan