PMMail/2 and Broken Telephone Connectinons

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 23:02:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 16:59:52 -0700, Chris Adams wrote:

>I get the same thing with dual P133s. Their code for displaying large
>folders is simplistic and both the windows and OS/2 versions are really
>heavily tied to the native GUI's performance. On a PII 350, it takes ~20
>seconds to display a 150K email and it still takes awhile to display
>folders with lots of messages.

On my PII-333 system, it takes well under a second to open a 276k email
and about a second to open a folder with 1600+ messages with PMMail/2
2.0.  If your PII-350 is actually taking as long as you say it is, you
may have a bad installation or perhaps there is a hardware problem or
severe RAM shortage.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com