Behavior changes in The Bat!

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 23:24:20 -0700

Sunday, July 25, 1999, 10:43:15 PM, Ali wrote:
> I can't get the command to work either. <shrug>

    The secret is to give it an account and a simple path.  I created a new
folder called "temp" and just dumped everything into it using the "TheBat.IPC"
file to control what The Bat was doing.  Real slick, made it easy since I just
edited a temp file in vim for all of the paths and wrote it out to the IPC
file until The Bat kicked in.  Wish it would give some status when it fails or
is doing something, even if it is just to a log file.

    End result was a quick import of 12081 messages imported across 31 folders
from the archives of two and a half different accounts.  Not too shabby.  TB
is keeping up with it about at the same speed as PMMail did.  Hrm, wonder what
the file size difference is.

    Hmmm, my mail archives are 74.9Mb under PMMail and 39.2Mb under TB.  36Mb
wasted space under PMMail, 1.4Mb wasted under TB.  Of course, that is the
tradeoff for going to a database instead of a single message format.  :)

    Now all I need to know is where TB stores its account information so I
know what to archive up to transport to and from work.  :)