Converting UltiMail Lite v2.10.004 -> PMMail/2 v2.00.1500

John T. Dow pmmail-l@musthave.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 00:14:50 -0400

>A little REXX code might do it.  Anybody know how PMMail decides on the
>message file names?

I too wanted to know how it does file names because sometimes I want to drop a file into a mail folder
and have it appear in the proper place when the folder is ordered by date and time received.

So far I have figured out that the file name is the time in seconds since jan 1 1980 expressed as a base
36 number. I was going to write a program that when passed a file with an arbitrary name would
compute the pmmail name given the file's date and time, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

I hope this helps.

John

E-mail: jtd@pgh.net         URL: www.johntdow.com

*Visit my web pages for Q&A tools and utilities
*
*(including a super-duper product for Q&A Windows)
*
*    NEW, A Y2K ANALYTICAL TOOL FOR Q&A!