Converting UltiMail Lite v2.10.004 -> PMMail/2 v2.00.1500

Dave Saville pmmail-l@musthave.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 16:26:16 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:03:29 +0200 (CDT), Erik Bracke wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Looking for a e-mail file converter UM v2.10.004 to PMMail/2 v2.00.1500. My
>addresbook has already been transferred; the problem concerns the e-mails.
>The converter offered from the Third Party Utilities of SouthSoft webpage doesnot
work
>(Ike says the file format of PMMail has changed since the util was made) and hobbes
>PMMail directory doesnot seem to offer help as well.
>Has anybody before done this job or has an idea how to do this? Anybody seen a
>converter on any of the other software repositories?
>
>TIA for any help,
>Erik B.

Pmmail does not care about the message file names. I needed to upload a large
number of messages from a unix style mailbox. I knocked up a rexx script that extracted
each message and just plonked it into a pmmail folder with a name like msg00010,
msg00020 etc. When I had finished I told pmmail to reindex the folder and it picked
them all up.

You can also tweak the contents file yourself - buts thats a bit iffy. I have used it for
dropping mail from other sources into my outbox and kidding pmmail into sending it.
--
Regards

Dave Saville
Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning
(Capt. James T. Kirk quoting Peter Pan)