Converting UltiMail Lite v2.10.004 -> PMMail/2 v2.00.1500

John T. Dow pmmail-l@musthave.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 16:14:40 -0400

>Pmmail does not care about the message file names. I needed to upload a large
>number of messages from a unix style mailbox. I knocked up a rexx script that extracted
>each message and just plonked it into a pmmail folder with a name like msg00010,
>msg00020 etc. When I had finished I told pmmail to reindex the folder and it picked
>them all up.

The file name matters only if you want the contents of the folder sorted in order of date received.

>You can also tweak the contents file yourself - buts thats a bit iffy. I have used it for
>dropping mail from other sources into my outbox and kidding pmmail into sending it.

You only need a line that says "From: xxxxx" to make it think it's a mail message. The other lines are
optional.

E-mail: jtd@pgh.net         URL: www.johntdow.com

*Visit my web pages for Q&A tools and utilities
*
*(including a super-duper product for Q&A Windows)
*
*    NEW, A Y2K ANALYTICAL TOOL FOR Q&A!