Converting UltiMail Lite v2.10.004 -> PMMail/2 v2.00.1500

Dave Serls pmmail-l@musthave.com
Sun, 06 Jun 1999 09:21:10 -0600

On Sun, 06 Jun 1999 00:14:50 -0400, John T. Dow wrote:

>>A little REXX code might do it.  Anybody know how PMMail decides on the
>>message file names?
>
>I too wanted to know how it does file names because sometimes I want to drop a file into a mail folder
>and have it appear in the proper place when the folder is ordered by date and time received.
>
>So far I have figured out that the file name is the time in seconds since jan 1 1980 expressed as a base
>36 number. I was going to write a program that when passed a file with an arbitrary name would
>compute the pmmail name given the file's date and time, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

  Since I'm testing a re-index function for a PMMail utility, I thought I would test this out:
  I duplicated this message in its folder, renaming it 'justany.txt', and re-indexed with
  PMMail.  Indexed fine, despite the duplicate Message-ID.

  Should a re-indexer ignore duplicates???

  Dave

*     Dave Serls                               serls@dashs.denver.co.us           *
*    Littleton, CO                            serls@dimensional.com                 *