Automatic filter and folder building

Heinz Mueller pmmail-l@musthave.com
Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:16:40 +0100 (MEZ)

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 08:53:18 -0400, John T. Dow wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I started using PMMail because I liked it's user interface, but now it isn't doing what I need and I don't
>know whether to tolerate it, look for a fix, or to switch.
>
>Here's my need. I get e-mail from people who may become customers, so I want to put mail from and
>to each in a separate folder. That is, in response to my web site, I get mail from people who are not
>known to me and I want to set them up with folders and filters (for both incoming and outgoing mail)
>with a minimum of fuss. PMMail entails fuss. I've been tempted to write my own utility to handle this, as
>I haven't seen one, but haven't had the time yet.
>
>Does anybody have or know of a utility to do what I need? Eg automatically create folders and filters.
>Or
What I can offer you, is the movement of read mail to Archives.
But what you want -as far as I understand- is an Automatic placing
according to Known and Unknown.

The only chance to do this ist to compare with the addressbook on
selfdefined rules

yours

Heinz Mueller. webmaster@os2-oss.de
If you search OS/2 topics, have a look at www.os2-oss.de/search.html

 ** TagIt/2 v2.0 **

... The Shortest Distance between 2 points
    invaribly will not involve GREYHOUND.

    - Forrest Gump
PGP Public Key Fingerprint= 7D73 EA2C 3CA4 9BBE 2120  C5F2 B9F7 6C4A 98ED D85C